The Port of Skagit and its tenants at Skagit Regional Airport, Bayview Business Park, La Conner Marina and Conway industrial site contribute to the community in the following ways:
• 1,066 direct jobs with an annual payroll of approximately $35 million;
• 750 indirect jobs in Skagit County with an annual payroll of about $24 million;
• Port properties are home to 84 business tenants that produce approximately $264 million in annual revenue;
• The Port receives just 2 cents of each $1 in property tax collected in Skagit County;
• With a millage rate of about 20 cents per $1,000 assessed value, the Port delivers one direct job to the community for each $1,725 of tax collected;
• The port produces $32 in direct and indirect wages for each $1 of property tax it collects;
• More than 60,000 annual operations at Skagit Regional Airport, including business, commercial and recreational aircraft;
• More than a half-million air cargo packages handled per year at Skagit Regional Airport;
• More than 4,000 overnight boat visits annually at La Conner Marina boost local tourist spending by nearly $1 million a year.
• Twenty-eight tenants and four neighboring companies receiving broadband communications service on the port’s fiber-optics network.
(Updated May 2013)