The Port of Skagit and its tenants at Skagit Regional Airport, Bayview Business Park, La Conner Marina and Conway industrial site contribute to the community in the following ways:
- 1,153 direct jobs with an annual payroll of approximately $48.5 million;
- 635 indirect jobs in Skagit County with an annual payroll of about $25.5 million;
- Port properties are home to 83 business tenants that produce approximately $265 million in annual revenue;
- The Port receives just 2.1 cents of each $1 in property tax collected in Skagit County;
- With a millage rate of about 23 cents per $1,000 assessed value, the Port produces $39 in direct and indirect wages for each $1 of property tax it collects;
- More than 60,000 annual operations at Skagit Regional Airport, including business, commercial and recreational aircraft;
- More than a half-million air cargo packages handled per year at Skagit Regional Airport;
- Nearly 3,000 overnight boat visits annually at La Conner Marina boost local tourist spending by nearly $550,000 a year.
- Twenty-eight tenants and six neighboring companies receiving broadband communications service on the port’s fiber-optics network.
- Port staff maintains a popular 10-mile nature trail system.
Updated December 23, 2014